Videography, also known as Cinematography, is a method of moving pictures telling a story. Be sure to ask the following questions:
This should help you in the interview process! Happy Wedding Picking :)
- Check to see if you can find their videos on Vimeo.com (this is sort of like Youtube but meant for more edited works). Most videographers post their newer videos on there.
- How many cameras will you have on the day? How many assistants?
- How early will you arrive at the ceremony to set up the equipment?
- Will you bring backup equipment?
- How soon can I see the final cut?
- What will your attire be?
- Is my wedding the only wedding being shot that day? This question is super important. Sometimes the people you meet with may not be the people who will be shooting your wedding...
- How will you capture sound during the ceremony? Will I need to wear a wireless mic?
- Can I select the music for the final cut?
- Can you install a stationary camera in an area where your presence isn't interfering with the ceremony?
- What type of cameras do you shoot with?
- Do you shoot any super 8 film? (if this is important to you)
- How long is the typical final edited version? There is a trend now where the final versions are not 20 minutes long and they are more like 10 minutes long. Don't panic. Many videographers include full toasts and ceremony on the same DVD or another DVD.